This is where existing and established Alpaca breeders offer their stock for sale. Use the Alpaca List to find what you are looking for. Be it for stud (breeding), commercial, herd guard or non-breeding Alpacas. The lists are actively maintained as animals are offered by breeders/owners or being sold.
Here is a place to ask questions and get answers. Tap into the enormous pool of knowledge presented by the breeders. Starting or maintaining your own herd is now easier than ever with all the support available.
Any established Alpaca breeder can register. We do, however, expect a certain level of professionalism. This includes:
- Prompt replies to inquiries
- Prompt service and animal availability
- Excellent after-sales service
- Hand-holding and training as required
- Advocate ethics and trust
- Fair pricing
How do we know whether a breeder is performing to above standards? We rely on the feedback from clients like you. Any breeder that does not meet the criteria will be removed from this system, including the records of those Alpacas.
Service to potential buyer: by using this facility, SA Alpaca will:
- Source Alpacas
- close to you
- to suit your requirements
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Ensure all documents are in order
- Act as financial intermediary
- To the buyer: A fee of R500.00 will be added to the sales price for each animal under R10,000.00; a 5% fee will be charged for each animal priced over R10,000.00. This fee will be exempt of VAT.